Otter Motto: “Busy and Bright”
Otter is the youngest section of BPSA-US, for scouts age 5-7. Otters learn useful family skills, community skills, and learn to play safely together while being introduced to scouting and preparing for the Timberwolf program.
The Otter section is known as the Raft, has 25-32 scouts, and is led by both a female and male Otter Leader. The Otter Raft is sub-divided into Dens made of 6-8 children. The active participation of adult leaders is needed to ensure we can support and grow the 636th.
Section Schedule Meetings
Otters: Both the Raft and the Den meets once a month, usually two Sundays.
- Hat: red ball style cap with the Otter Badge centered on the front
- Shirt: red long-sleeve jersey with no collar, sleeves rolled up or down
- Pants: Either long style cargo pants or shorts of an approved color: dark blue, khaki, green or gray
- Necker: of the group’s colors, worn with a ring or slide at the throat
- Socks: any plain color (not white)
- Shoes: brown or black
- Belt: Brown webbing or leather
BPSA-US also has links to get articles of the uniform.
Field Book for Otters — A soft-bound workbook for Otters to keep track of badge requirements, answer questions about what they’ve done, etc.